interim procurement management
The decision to bring on board the interim procurement management offered by True Will Consulting provides you with a cost-effective, highly qualified and experienced source of transferable skills at short notice and as needed for high impact.
Keith Edwards has a successful track record in interim procurement assignments, having worked in the interim field since 2004.
His interim procurement management clients have included world class IT, telecoms, financial services, broadcast and automotive companies.People are critical for the effectiveness and success of an organisation. Procurement leaders need access to the right people with the right skills at the right time. This is especially true in the current climate when organisations need to reduce costs, improve services and drive value throughout their supply base.
In some instances the right talent may not be immediately available within an organisation's permanent staff. Whatever the economic circumstances the qualified procurement people with the right experience may be scarce or recruitment of a permanent position may not be the most appropriate solution.
There are many reasons why calling on a resource like True Will Consulting to provide interim procurement services can be the right solution. Examples include:
- A specific fixed-term requirement such as a one-off project
- Cover while you recruit a permanent member of staff
- Cover for maternity or sickness
- The need to get access to proven talent at short notice
- The ability to be able to hire and let go of talent without complication
- The need to make quick wins
- A short-to-medium term requirement
- Adapting to a head-count freeze
- Economic uncertainty rendering permanent recruitment a high risk course of action
- The uncertainty of not knowing how a new staff member might perform and fit in until they are in position
- The need for flexible variable cost solution to meet a variable workload
- The need for expertise, for example to improve your procurement effectiveness, build the function, develop procedures and/or raise the profile of procurement with your stakeholders, while avoiding the inflated prices, one-size-fits-all approach and inexperienced graduates offered by big consultancy companies
- The advantage of having a fresh external set of eyes which can give an objective perspective and bring ideas from a wealth of experience in world class organisations
- The mentoring and motivational benefits from having highly qualified experience on the team
His experience in working across a breadth of organisations, sectors and cultures enables him to be adaptable, to get up to speed fast and to deliver results quickly.